Alpha and Omega Construction
Schedule a FREE Inspection today!
Siding and Soffit
Owens Corning Products
Refer a friend
Meet the Team
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
Request an estimate!
Fall Prevention Quiz
1) OSHA regulations require some type of fall protection above how many feet in residential construction?
2) To make sure all PV projects are completed safely, employers should have policies and procedures which ___________________________________. (Choose three)
Allow employees to plan ahead.
Provide necessary equipment to do job right
Provide training to all workers
Allow workers to work fast and profitably (or efficient)
3) Electrocution is the leading cause of death in the construction industry.
4) Fall protection systems can include which three of the following:
Personal fall arrest systems
Working on flat roofs only
Off-site video monitoring
5) Following OSHA 29 CFR 1926.502(d), choose the three components of a Personal Fall Arrest System from the list below:
ANSI approved work boots
6) A properly designed Personal Fall Arrest System must (choose three)
Limit maximum arresting force on employee to 1,800 pounds when using a body harness.
Be rigged such that an employee cannot fall more than 6 feet.
Bring employee to complete stop and limit maximum deceleration distance employee travels to 3.5 feet.
Allow for two people to anchor to the same point.
Be the same for every solar installation.
7) A safety anchor must have the capability of supporting at least ________ pounds per employee attached.
8) A body harness used in a personal fall arrest system must have the attachment point located in the center of the wearer’s back.
9) A ‘positioning device system’ shall (choose two)
Allow PV installer to work with both hands free while leaning.
Allow PV installers to accurately perform module layout and installation.
Be rigged such that an employee cannot free fall more than 2 feet.
Gently lower a worker to the ground from 10 feet or more.
10) Roof anchors, dee-rings, and snaphooks with rust on them are not required to be removed from service.
11) Choose two methods below used to prevent workers from falling more than 6 feet through a skylight.
Mechanically close the skylight
Show location of ALL skylights on the building plans
Personal fall arrest system
12) Ropes or lanyards used as part of a fall protection system must be made from synthetic fibers.
13) Dee-rings and snaphooks used in a personal fall arrest system must
Have a minimum tensile strength of 5000 pounds.
Be proof-tested to minimum tensile load of 3,600 pounds.
Be sized to be compatible to that which it is connected.
All of the above
14) After a worker has taken a fall on their personal fall arrest system, it
Is allowed to be continued to be used if it is clean.
Must immediately be removed from service.
Shall be praised for preventing further injury.
Can be given to an entry-level employee.
15) Where a PV installation crew is using vertical lifelines as part of their personal fall protection system,
Each employee shall be attached to a separate lifeline.
One body harness is allowed to be shared by two installers.
The lifeline(s) are only required when climbing vertically up the ladder.
The anchor the lifeline(s) is secured to must be designed to hold the weight of all workers.
16) When inspecting fall protection equipment look for
Cuts, frays, holes or deterioration of webbing or rope.
Deformation of buckles, dee-rings and snaphooks.
Rust/corrosion, deformation or damage to anchors.
All of the above
Thanks for submitting!